To an outsider, the world of cam modeling appears to be a purely sexual thing. But those of us who've been on the broadcasting end of a webcam know that the relationships you form through camming are much more complicated than that. While erotica is a large part of it, many customers come to us looking for more. And while it may be your look that attracts customers, it's the depth of the personal connections you form that helps you keep them.
When you perform, you are not just a body. You're a complete person. By interacting and being interactive with your viewers, a relationship will inevitably form. You must ask yourself, is it to a long-term or short-term relationship? To really succeed in your customer relations, you must learn to entice them to come back and spend more time (and tips) on you in the future.
When a new customer watches you perform, or takes you private, what are some strategies you can employ to encourage them to return?
When a private show begins, don't jump straight into performing. Engage your customer in conversation first. Conversation, after all, is the foundation of relationships.
- Ask Questions: This could be tip 1, 2, and 3. When you go out with someone for the first time, and all they do is talk about themselves, are you likely to agree to a second date? Probably not. The same goes for your new customers. Asking questions is an age-old way to show a person you're interested in getting to know them, and not just looking at them superficially, or in this case, as a source of income.
- Listen to Their Answers: Apart from the above, their answers will provide you with valuable information you can use to enhance their experience. You'll understand more about their desires, their way of thinking, and their likes and dislikes, all of which will help you learn how best to relate to them.
- Take Notes: When time allows, try and write down what you've learned about the customers. Some broadcasting software provides you the means to do this right from the app. Recalling the fine details the next time you see your customer in chat is a great way to show him you valued the encounter. They want to be remembered. It makes them feel as if your shared experience was as good for you as it was for them, and this level of attention will set you apart from many other models they come across.
- Talk, Don't Type: Most customers will prefer to hear your voice to reading what you type. It's more engaging and allows you to show off your personality, in addition to your physical traits. Typing is also time-consuming, and in a time-based show like a private, can be an obstacle when you're trying to ratchet up the intimacy.
- Don't Jump into Performing: When the private show begins, don't launch straight into performing. Take the time to learn more about what they're looking for. Beyond asking questions, share something about yourself, and show them you're excited to be with them.
- Cam2Cam: It's a great rule of thumb to ask the customers who take you private if they'd like to go Cam2Cam. They won't always want to, and some may be too shy, but since it's a feature that costs nothing, it's a great way to show your viewer that you're interested in knowing them intimately. Cam2Cam shows tend to be longer, so it could mean more tips for you as well.
- Interactive Sex Toys: 2-way interactive sex toys offer your customers the most immersive experience in camming. With them, you can both express yourselves physically, in a safe and sexy way. If a customer already enjoys watching you perform and having their requests fulfilled, imagine how much they might enjoy being a part of the show. You can learn more about some of these amazing toys here.
- Be Positive: Beyond the fantasy relationship we offer as cam models, customers will often come to us looking for an escape from the stressors of the outside world. Be positive. Be that escape. Shout out their screen name and smile when they enter your room. Let them know they're important and appreciated. It's easy to return to a place or a person that makes you feel welcome.
The physical part of your performances are an important part of your work as a cam model. But the medium allows you to be so much more. Balancing your sexuality with flirtatious conversation and interactivity can create longer-lasting customer relationships. The most successful models are the ones who can use all the tools at their disposal to engage their customers in a welcoming, comfortable, and, of course, arousing environment.